Monday, October 13, 2014

The kitchen cabinets that won't die Part III


You had to see this coming, right?  I would imagine someone out there in blogland has a bet going that I'll never finish my kitchen cabinets.  I changed my mind about the trim on the sides and about the brown color.


Forgive the blurry pics that a few of my recent posts have had.  I usually only remember to snap a pic when I'm already halfway through a project.  Looks like a mess huh?


Above is another inspiration pic that I found while browsing pinterest.  I love the way the sides of the cabinets look.


So I decided to give it a go and see if I could recreate the look.  I used skinny sticks to cut a sort of picture frame border to outline the sides of my lower cabinets.  I also cut a piece of matboard to fill in the middle section.


And here is my semi-finished product.  The sides are done and for once I actually like it.  And even if I fall out of of love with this version I think I'm to the point where I don't want to redo it anymore.  I'm hoping the pale green color will bring out the tiny green accents in the wallpaper.  The yellow was just too much, and the white left no room for contrast with my dishes or the white countertop that I want.  The brown was just too dark and there is already so much pale brown in the wallpaper.  I decided not to go with blue either as there is so much blue in the painted part of the walls. Next I'll be working on my upper cabinets, a countertop, and then figuring out hinged doors.

Happy day blogland!

No comments: