Monday, October 6, 2014

1:12 Scale Bathroom - Attempt #1


Today I'll share some pics from my first attempt at adding a small bathroom.  I decided to use part of the outside porch area to build a new room.  You've seen in earlier posts how I added a bathroom door where an outside window used to be (after a horrible mishap where I first cut the door into the wrong wall!).  I bought a white tile panel from Hobby Lobby and I loved this blue tile scrapbook paper that I found at Michael's.


Here is a set of pics that I posted in my Greenleaf gallery.  I was asking everyone if they thought I should use the blue tile from floor to ceiling or add the white tile paneling in to make a half and half sort of look.  The votes were pretty much all for the two tile look.


Here you can see a mock up of my first bathroom.  The outside wall is actually just propped up in this pic.  One of the outside porch posts is still attached, but I did remove it eventually.  You can see just how cramped this space is going to be.  I had also decided to add in a window and Hobby Lobby had a cute octagon window that was frosted so it let in just enough light, but wouldn't really allow peeking eyes to see inside.  A hole has been cut in the wall showing where the window will go.

And once again, there is so much work to do!

No comments: