Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Coupon Minis


So I decided I wanted to take another try at the Scope and Olay minis that I tried yesterday.  I went ahead and butchered 2 more coupons.  After all I looked at my coupon stockpile shelf and I have four 1 liter bottles of mouthwash, along with 1 open one in the bathroom so I won't be needing to use the mouthwash coupons any time soon.

I mixed some green clay with translucent and then flattened it to a width that I thought would be appropriate for the bottle.  I then laid the Scope bottle that I cut out of the coupon on top.  I used my razor blade to cut around the picture and remove the excess clay.  Then I baked the clay at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.


Here is my clay bottle with the label added.  I was a bit anxious to share my pictures so these were taken before I took an emery board and smoothed out all of the edges of the clay to make the bottles look more rounded.  I also added clear nail polish to make the bottles shiny.


I used a piece of white clay mixed with translucent to make the Olay bottle as well.


Although my cottage bathroom isn't completely finished I thought I'd pull out some pieces just to see how the bottles might look in a mini scene.  Above is the Olay body wash sitting on the edge of the tub.


And the Scope bottle sitting on the edge of the sink - so cute!!!

No comments: