Tuesday, June 2, 2009

More great blogs to check out :)

I've been checking out a few more blogs that I'd now like to share with you. I've been joining each blog as I go along as well. I've seen so many wonderful things that I want to try and it's given me great ideas for my own minis!
First I'd like everyone to meet Taenia who is from Austria. She has 2 amazing blogs http://taeniasminiatures.blogspot.com/ and http://taeniasgrimmauldplace.blogspot.com/. Taenia's Miniatures shows off some of her wonderful miniatures. And 12 Grimmauld Place - if you don't already know - is the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. All Harry Potter fans will really enjoy this blog.
The next blog I'd like to introduce is Minimaker from California. Her blog is http://creatingdollhouseminiatures.blogspot.com/ and this one is really neat! Her blog has all of these videos about miniature projects and tutorials. I've never seen so many great videos all in one place! Also Minimaker's blog introduced me to MOA. If you are like me and had never heard of this site before it is like ebay for minis only. Definitely one to bookmark!
And the third blogger that I'd like you to meet today is MiniKat from Chicago. Her blog is http://minikatslittlethoughts.blogspot.com/. Not only is she a miniature enthusiast like the rest of us, but she also enjoys fiber arts. I admit to not knowing what all fiber arts included at first, but after looking through her blog I know that it does include crocheting, which is something I'm definitely interested in learning how to do. I will doing alot more exploring of MiniKat's blog. I also adore her Calico Critters because they remind me of my Maple Town toys that I had when I was a kid.
Anybody remember the cartoon Maple Town from Nickelodeon? I've got the theme song stuck in my head now - "Can't wait to get to Maple Town, my favorite place to be... Maple Town and me!"

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

Would you believe I never got to see the Mapletown show because my mother "didn't believe in having cable?" Was always such a bummer, but at least I had toys. ;-)