Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The snozberries taste like snozberries!

My Mom gave me all of these scraps of wallpaper that came out of one of those huge wallpaper sampler albums and I'm still trying to go through them all. Some of them are too big for dollhouse scale, but I think there are plenty that I could scan and scale down. As I perfect the scale I'll post them here that way anyone who wants to can use them as printies. I don't know if you can see the detail on the top piece in the middle stack of wallpaper, but anybody remember, "the snozberries taste like snozberries!?" It totally reminds me of the wallpaper in that scene from Willy Wonka! And no, tempted as I might have been I did not lick the paper!
And as I posted before I fell out of love with the wallpaper that I had already put up on the 2nd floor of the saloon. This pic shows the start of my messy removal of the paper. And yes, the house is upsidedown - I was putting my second coat of eggshell paint on the ceiling of the top floor and the first coat on the ceiling of the bottom floor. Once again using free leftover paint from my parent's house and I don't think anyone but me will be looking at the ceilings anyway :) And here is a scan of one of the wallpaper samples that I absolutely adore!!! It already looks like perfect scale to me and I love every one of the colors! Since I've already decided to go with a totally different theme for the saloon (maybe even an upstairs brothel - gasp!) I thought this would be perfect for a "ladies" room upstairs.

No comments: