Monday, April 8, 2013

Lisa's Country Cottage Kit Part III


I finally got some paint on the outside walls.  Trying to be as cost-conscious as possible I decided to use paint that I already had on hand.  This is from the free quart of paint that Glidden offered a while back.  You may remember that I used this color for the old frame that I'm working to turn into a chalk board.  The color is an eggshell semimate called Sugared Lime - I think it's kind of different and pretty :)


Notice as if by magic the porch posts have disappeared.  Long story.  Anyway, they will be back soon enough and I think I'll paint them and all the rest of the trim a nice white.


Now for what I've finally decided (hopefully) to do with that bathroom that I want so badly!  This is the front wall of the cottage.  To the right you can see what will be the front door.  This is a front window that I will use (with the help of an electric saw) to turn into a doorway.  Miniatures.com has a modern bathroom that I love and want to use here.  I cut out cardstock based on the measurements from their website to make sure that everything will fit.  It will be a tight fit, but seriously whose bathroom isn't?  You can see that the sink will hang over the edge of the tub, but I think it will still work.

  
Here is a photo and the link of the bathroom that I want http://www.miniatures.com/Updated-Basic-Bathroom-by-Houseworks-P23218.aspx  Cute, huh?


I tried to paint the windows by hand at first, but that turned out to be too much of a pain so instead I went with spray paint.


A view of the side wall with windows put in to show how the trim color will look.  This will be the window looking into the kitchen.


Here's a closer view so you can see my "goof-up" door.  I roll my eyes even as I type this!!!  I've just got to tell myself to be patient and that it will look so much better once my outdoor shelf is added.  *Note to self - find a shelf tutorial online!

Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

Kim said...

very pretty- love the color and your bathroom solution :) did you happen to catch the April Fools sale for it? Check pinterest for the shelf tutorial- you can find so many things there now!

beyondbaffled said...

Kim, I did find a great shelf, I'll be posting pics soon. I'm inbetween jobs so although I saw the sale I had to tell myself no. Right now I'm trying to work with only what I already have on hand. I've been surprised at how much I've been getting done! :)

Emily Adams said...

I'm amazed by this little house. Love it!!

beyondbaffled said...

Thanks Emily!