Thursday, April 15, 2010

Healthy Thinking Thursday!


Hello and welcome to another Healthy Thinking Thursday!  First the beautiful picture that I'm sharing today is a view from atop a hill here in Bristol, Tennessee.  Those mountains you see far in the background are in North Carolina.  Gorgeous sky, huh?

So I finally got my lab results back this past Tuesday and it seems that I do have a virus in my liver.  Good news is that it's a very common virus - according to what I read 95% of all people have had the virus by the time they are 40 years old.  I can't think of the name of it now that I'm trying to tell you guys about it, but I know it's related to the virus that causes mono.  One of the first things that the nurse asked me was if I had ever had mono, which I haven't to mine or my Mother's knowledge.  From what the nurse explained to me it was sort of like chicken pox - even though you only get sick with it once it remains in your system forever.  Most people never even have any symptoms.  The bad thing is that right now the virus is doing what I guess you would call flaring up and it's doing a number on my liver.  They want to do more blood tests in about a month to see if the level of enzymes in my liver is back down.  I know mono causes fatigue and that is definitely something that I have been battling for quite a while.  I also felt feverish today, so my body could be working to fight off some kind of infection, but of course that could be something different altogether.

So on to the healthy thoughts!  I guess I'm just going to have to be that much more dedicated to taking care of myself.  After all I'm the only one that can be held accountable, right?  I just get so stressed (especially lately) about other things - like money, work, home issues, etc. that it seems I'm always putting "me" on the back burner.  No more, right?

What are you healthy thoughts for today?

P.S.  Don't forget to check out Kim's healthy thoughts as well.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Jessie- I am glad to hear this news. It's awful that you have this virus- but I am sooo happy it was not a lot more serious! I just said the same words in my blog---it's time to put ourselves first! Hope you have a good week this week!!! I'm so glad I know you and you are my friend ♥