Saturday, April 10, 2010

As you know I'm an Oz fan...



I was so sorry to hear today that Meinhardt Raabe had passed away.  He was one of the last living actors who played a Munchkin from the famous Wizard of Oz.

He played the Munchkinland Coroner and his famous line from the movie was, "As coroner I must aver, I thoroughly examined her. And she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead."

Check out the article that the above picture came from here:

And another great article where Raabe and an actual coroner from Kansas discussed the Wicked Witch of the East's death certificate.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh.... I am also a huge Wizard of Oz fan. I used to read the book with my 6th graders. Then we watched the movie and the Return to Oz movie. We had so much fun with this. I recently got to read to my grand daughter's 4th grade class and of course I read the first couple of chapters of the W of OZ.

miniannalee said...

Its hard to believe he was only 22 when he played that role. I love the Wizard of OZ. I used to watch the Munchin City part over and over just to spot all the different characters hidding in the scene.