Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Welcome to 2 new followers!

I would like to say hello and welcome to 2 new followers today!

First I would like to introduce Jenny who is from Arizona.  She has many blogs listed, two of which are:
http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/ and http://tastefulgarden2jen.blogspot.com/.  From what I've read so far she's interested in gardening, candy (me too!), and something called Alphabe-Thursday that I need to find out more about...

Next is miniannalee at Anna's Minis.  She is from Georgia and just started her blog, but she is into miniatures and dollhouses so she will fit in just perfect here!

Today's post will be short, but I'll leave you with some new pics.  Melly Kay over at LAMC is hosting a Valentine's Day card swap and I am getting my materials together.  I went through all of my (and my Mom's) scrapbooking stuff to find some great V-day inspiration.


And of course there has to be some "mini" element to the whole project so I went through an old box of cards at my Mom's and found some of my Valentine's day cards from elementary school.  I scanned them and shrunk them down to 20% so they're a bit bigger than 1:12 scale, but at least they're big enough to read.


I've never done this before, but I'll update with more pics as I work on the card.  Also I am experimenting with changing my blog template so if you pop by and things look a little weird just sort of overlook it for the time being!  See ya later blogland!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi there. I'm late in responding. You had visited my blog "schererart" and asked if I can do a painting based on a photo. I can do this, however, I'm not one for getting things exact (I still have a lot to learn when it comes to drawing and painting). The image would look more to closely resemble the person. My sister, however, does portrait paintings and can do an angel to look more real like the person. If you are interested her link is on my blog (Jonny Petros blog). By the way, the little girl in the above corner of your blog is adorable! She must be the angel you want done :)