Saturday, January 9, 2010

Off to see the wizard part 3 and finally what does this have to do with minis?

Dorothy and the Tin Man.




Me and the Cowardly Lion.




A Winkie Guard and me.  This is the character that I was most excited to meet!




The Wicked Witch of the West.  Great costume!




The Wicked Witch's Castle.




Adita and what is left of one of the trees from the haunted forest.  There was music playing from inside the tree and if you remember from the movie the trees didn't want anyone taking their apples.




And this is my favorite pic.  You get to pose with the characters and the Cowardly Lion takes his tail and swings it over your shoulder.  Too cute!




Anyway, now for what this has to do with minis.  One thing that I've always thought would be fun to make would be Professor Marvel's wagon.  There's a thread on Greenleaf that shows a beautiful gypsy wagon kit.  From the first time that I saw it I thought about Professor Marvel.  It would be so much fun to make things to fill his traveling wagon with.  And I'd need a horse named Sylvester too.
Remember the sign on the side of his wagon?

"Professor Marvel
 acclaimed by The Crowned Heads of Europe
Let Him Read Your Past ~ Present and future
In his crystal (ball)
also juggling and sleight of hand"

3 comments:

Miniaturemaid said...

I love these pictures they look so much fun lol....
Thanks for the welcome to your blog i think its great
hugs Rachel
http://miniaturemaid.blogspot.com/

beyondbaffled said...

Thanks - it was a blast!

Lisa said...

I wish you the best on your resolutions. I have no luck with them. Today though, I woke with a plan to cut sugar from my diet...again. Gosh, I do hope I can stick to it for at least a week. The longest I've gone without it was 21 days-yikes!! Well, anyway, I love the photos. Cool!!