Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hello and welcome to a new follower!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful New Year so far!  I wanted to take a moment and introduce a new follower.  The follower's name is miniaturemaid.  I don't see a profile or blog just yet, but I just wanted to say that I am happy that you're here!  Welcome!

I apologize for not posting for a few days, but the first of the year is a busy time at work and it's been so cold here in Tennessee that I don't want to do much more than watch a dvd and go to bed when I get home.  It's been as low as 9 degrees in the morning just this past week!  David and I use space heaters because unfortunately our apartment is equipped with gas heat and we can't afford the hookup fee, the additional $130+ a month, or the added cost to our electric bill.  The heaters help, but it's so much nicer in my big comfy warm bed!!!  I really need to get a laptop because then I could blog from my pillow :)
I am working on a list of New Year's resolutions and I'll share them once I'm done - I think that will help motivate me to keep them!  One of my resolutions will be to update my blog more regularly.  I envy Casey's devotion and wish that I could post daily!

Below are some pics that I wanted to share of the recent snows that we've had.  About a week before Christmas we had almost a foot!  We rarely ever have snow (in these amounts) this early in the season.  We might get a little in March, but we haven't had this much since probably the early 90's.  I'm sure Kim probably thinks this is nothing - she has some beautiful pics on her blog of the recent snows in her area.

Here's the view off of the back porch.

                           

And here's the new school across the street.  See how high the snow is on the balcony?



And the view from my Mom's porch will all of her lovely decorations :)





And me - with a nice frosty border!!!


1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh-the pictures are beautiful Jessie!! Some years we get lots of snow and some years only a little. I can remember much more snow when I was younger, but maybe that's because I was little! When I went back to my grade school I remember thinking how tiny everything looked :)