Friday, May 24, 2013

My new minis treasures!

Today I wanted to share some great miniatures that I got from http://www.miniatures.com/
I can't remember at the moment how much I've shared especially since I am scheduling posts now, but I started a new job toward the end of April and I started Nursing school in mid-May.  I am every bit as busy as it sounds, so the obvious question is why am I buying minis?!

The answer is:  I don't know!  I just love them though and have been wanting these particular ones for my cottage for a while now.  I don't know when I'll be able to start working on them, but just the expectation of a new mini project makes me happy :)


Above is a mini modern bathroom set.  I love the details, especially the pedestal sink!  The toilet seat doesn't open, but I don't guess it's really all that sanity to leave the seat up anyway.  The only problem I have is that the dimensions given in both the catalog and the website didn't match up for the tub.  If you remember I cut out cardstock template pieces to make sure this particular set would fit in my cottage bathroom.  The only thing that I can guess is that the measurements they provided were for the interior of the tub and not the outside measurements.  This leaves me with one rather large problem as now all three pieces will not fit in my cozy cottage bathroom.  I am not at all certain what I will do at this point, but at least I've got plenty of time to think about it.


I also bought a bunch of Houseworks kits that I want to use for my cottage kitchen area.  I should have waited to build my cabinets until I actually had these in hand, but I think I will be able to modify them so everything will fit.  If not I'll just start over as building the cabinet was pretty fun in the first place.  Above you can see a sink kit and also a stove hood.


The other two kits that I bought were a stove top and an oven door.  Of course the door won't be working, but no one will be looking in the stove anyway.  I will take Kim's advice and do some practice with enamel paints before I paint these actual pieces.  I also like the look of stainless steel so I wonder if some of the pieces could be left as is?

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: