Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall is my favorite time of the year!

What is your favorite season?  I love fall.  I love getting to wear my hoodies again and I love driving around the mountains to see the autumn leaves.  I like the weather change too - for those few months where we don't have to run the air conditioner or the use the heaters.  I especially love the lower electric bills!

And of course, I love decorating for fall.  Even better is the month of October.  If I had it my way (and if I had the money) I'd celebrate Halloween all month long.  Pumpkins, scarecrows, scary witches and black cats, corn mazes and haunted houses, too much fun stuff to name!  

So I thought I'd share a few pics today...


Our super comfy sleigh bed with flannel sheets and my cozy down comforter.  The comforter is a bit wrinkly though, probably should have fluffed it up in the dryer first?


Photographs of David and I, our friends, and family on the mantle.  I've had the silver train lanterns for a while so I decided to fill them up with lamp oil and set them out.


Just one of my many Stoneware Baskets - made by Mary Curtin.  I filled this one with tiny putka pods because they look so much like tiny pumpkins.  You've probably seen these before, they dye them different colors and use them in potpourri.


And a funky little skeleton thrown in for some Halloween fun...


Pumpkin candle holder.


These are my dining room table decorations.  I decide to put my mason jar chandelier out as a basket with flicker candles.  The pumpkins came from Hobby Lobby a couple of seasons ago.  And of course more skeletons and putka pods.


And one last pic with the mason jars all lit up - spooky, lol!

That's all for today, happy Wednesday!

No comments: