Friday, March 20, 2009

Printies

Now that my blog is up to date with all of my saloon pics I can show you some of the printies (printable paper minis) that I have been working on. Once again my friends at Greenleaf introduced these to me and I think they are going to save me a ton of money in the long run. I've found mini beer bottle labels, food labels, almost everything you can think of. And instead of buying expensive minis from the store I can buy blank bottles or cut pieces of basswood and glue the labels on myself. Here are some practice prints of some of the ones I have tried so far. This is a set of teeny tiny tarot cards. They don't necessarily have anything to do with a saloon, but they were so cute I wanted to try them out. It took forever to cut them out. I definitely want to use a set of cards in the saloon, but I want to try printing out these on photo paper to see how they would look glossy.Confederate money. Some of the bills have both front and back sides, but they haven't been glued together in this picture. This is a mini cigar box and you can't see it in the picture, but there are tiny cigar labels inside. I'm either going to try to print this pattern out on some thicker card stock paper or trace the pattern on to some thin cardboard like a matchbox or something to make it sturdier. I think I could also use round toothpicks to cut cigar length pieces, then paint them brown, and attach the cigar labels. These are tiny cigarette boxes and they are EXTREMELY hard to fold. A friend of mine at work actually got the tiny Marlboro one together. I am going to cut small pieces of cardboard to make them solid and I think that will make them easier to fold and glue together.

All of these printies and the ones on the following post came from: http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt157/rwetzell/ or http://www.printmini.com/printables/p1.shtml

No comments: