Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Idea for Mother's Day...

I don't know how well you'll be able to see the tiny details of this pic. These are new printies that I got from http://mishellyszoo.homestead.com/DIYprojects.html in the section labeled scrapbooking. The top section are mini scrapbook pages that are to scale (real scrapbook paper is 12" x 12" and these minis are 1" x 1"). Then there are sticker pages, pages from a scrapbooking magazine, the covers to two albums, and a ruler. You can see my wheat penny down near the bottom of the page to give you an idea of the size. I printed these out on cardstock paper so they came out really nice. I may try printing the front and back covers of the scrapbooking magazine on a more glossy/photo paper to make them more realistic. The lady who put this site together is really talented! She had pictures of the sticker pages wrapped in plastic (maybe cellophane or something) and they looked exactly like the ones you would buy in the store. She had a photo of a table and cabinet covered in scrapbooking supplies and that is what really inspired me. My Mom loves to scrapbook and I thought if I start now I could make a pretty neat miniature set for Mother's Day or her birthday (depending on how long it takes me). The webpage also had a link to a photo album that she did that had real pictures in it, just sized down small enough to be dollhouse size. She wrote that it was a time consuming project, but I think it would add a perfect touch if I could make an album with actual mini pictures of my family. But for the time being I think I'll start cutting all of these out. Wish me luck!

No comments: