Monday, June 13, 2011

Frame project update:

I've been slowly working on the window frame project for a few months now.  If you remember this old window was original to my parent's house, which was built back in the 1940's.  In the process of using the heat gun one of the glass pieces ended up broken.   I had already been thinking of replacing the glass with plexiglass so the break made up my mind for me.  To avoid injury I completely covered both sides of the glass with tape.

I then put the frame in one of those huge thick outdoor trashbags and took the whole thing outside.

I was extremely pleased when my preparation worked and each pane of glass came out in one piece.

This next pic shows you the side of the frame that was inside the house and was painted at some point.  You can see where the glazing compound has been removed.

Here's the final pic for today - the frame after two coats of primer.  I'll upload some more pictures tomorrow to show you guys the final color I've decided on.  Have a happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

Toyin O. said...

It looks great, you did a good job.