Friday, November 27, 2009

Do you decorate your dollhouse for Christmas?

As you can see I'm still trying to upload all of the pics to show everyone what I've been up to for the last few weeks. I kept thinking that I wanted to decorate the saloon for Christmas - funny thing to do for a house that's not even finished yet! I saw a fabulous mini tree at Wal-Mart in the section where they sell those little Christmas scenes and finally decided to do it. A couple of weekends ago all of the Christmas decorations went on sale 50% off at Hobby Lobby. I had been desperately waiting for this sale because they have so many great ornaments that can be used as miniatures!
As you can see I bought gold garland for the tree, mini multi-colored round balls, and lots of sparkly candy canes. The tiny manger scene is actually a set of mini ornaments that I have had for years - I just removed the strings. And I had the battery operated mini lights from a few Christmas's ago as well. I hung a mini wreath beneath each window as well.
Here's a view from the side with the tree lit. It was hard to get a good pic because it's so small that you have to get very close in order to see the lights.
Next I want to show you one of the sets of mini ornaments that I bought from Hobby Lobby. I plan to hang the horseshoe over the saloon door and the pistols will probably be laying on a table inside the bar. I'm not sure what to do with the rest of them yet, but they all fit my old west theme so I'm sure they'll find a home. My Mom bought a few mini ornament sets for me, but unfortunately she says I can't have them until Christmas. One of them had this old looking shotgun in it and I think the other had a cowboy hat, boots, and gloves. She also bought a bag of faded metal gold stars for me that are meant to be hung on a tree, but they're the perfect size to hang on the front of a dollhouse.
My last picture is to show you something else that I bought. I got this tiny tripod from the Dollar Tree (I love $1 finds!). As you guys know I take a lot of pics of my minis and digital cameras are so sensitive that even the tiniest bit of shaking can make your picture blurry. This little guy is great and it fits my camera perfectly!

No comments: