Monday, February 23, 2015

Needle Felting



I have fallen in love with all of these needle felting pins that I have seen lately on Pinterest.  So I thought that I would give it a try.  This little bunny is one of my first projects. The link to the tutorial that I used is below -


 Her bunny was quite a bit bigger.  He looks to be about the size of the little kid's hand who is holding him.  And I of course love everything tiny so I wanted to make mine on a bit of a smaller scale.


Here's his cute little cotton tail!



And a couple of shots of him from both sides.  He's really rough, but I like the way he turned out.  I've not been able to find a good supplier for wool roving in my area so it looks like I'll have to start ordering online from amazon.


I also made this felted tree.  Inside is a foam cone, like the ones you can find in the craft section at Walmart.  (I just realized that you can tell that I'm watching Jericho on Netflix in the background!)
I like the wavy pieces of felt cut out to make the sort of branch levels on the tree.  Next time I've decided that I'm going to get a few different shades of green felt and see how that looks.  I also thought about doing one with all white to make the tree look snow covered.

With more practice I'd like the try some larger animals.  I've seen some adorable poseable felted mice that I'd love to do about five or so inches tall.  That way they would be perfect in mini scenes with all of the stuff that I've already got :)

No comments: