Monday, March 18, 2013

I GOT IN TO NURSING SCHOOL!!!


If you're friends with me on Facebook then you've probably already seen me posting about this for about a week now.  After an excruciating wait since March 1st (when all of the letters were supposed to be mailed), I finally got my letter of acceptance last Monday.  I am absolutely thrilled to pieces!  I got in to Nursing school!!!

I worked all last year to finish up the prerequisite classes that I needed in order to apply.  My first bachelor's degree didn't require all of the sciences that I need so I took A&P I, A&P II, and Microbiology.  I also took a Psychology class, a computer class, and Medical Terminology.  My sister is an RN who is back in school getting her masters so she can be a Family Nurse Practitioner.  She is the one that convinced me that I should go back to school and helped me to succeed.  She is my inspiration!

I applied to more than one school, but my first choice was my Alma mater ETSU.  I took the entrance exam back in January and it's been one big long waiting game since then.  I applied to both the traditional and the accelerated program and was accepted into the accelerated one.  So I'll start classes at the end of May and God-willing I'll graduate in December 2014.

I have worked so hard this past year and I know that there is a ton of even more hard work ahead of me.  I have no idea if I'll be able to able to keep up with any of my hobbies, my crafts, my blog, or even my sanity for that matter!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kim said...

good luck Jessie! I am so happy for you and I know you have worked your butt off for this and deserve it so much. Crafting will always exist and you can always pick it back up at another time- you follow your dreams my smart friend!!!! big huge congratulation hugs to you!!!!!!!!!!!

beyondbaffled said...

Thank you Kim! :)