Monday, January 23, 2012

Train scale...

I've been wanting to try out train scale for a while now.  I've checked out a bunch of different kits online and the two scales that I am interested in are HO (1:87) and N (1:160).  I have been watching this particular kit on Ebay and finally found one that wasn't $40 before shipping.


Woodland Scenics Maple Leaf Cemetery #S131.
An 8" x 11" scene which includes; basswood tool shed; basswood fence rail; eight trees (with two colors of foliage); four colors of grass and soil; two colors of foliage for bushes and weeds; and over 40 white metal castings including stone fence posts, stone walls, gates, two men, a central monument and 28 tombstones with names.

Remember the movie Beetlejuice?  I loved the scale model of the town that the Maitland's had in their attic.


This pic doesn't belong to me - I found it on this forum:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/beetlejuice-house-model-finished-pics-page-2-a-88464/.  The person who wrote the post was looking for pictures of the Maitland's home in order to make a model of the house.

Another kit that I've seen that I adore is this one - 



But I had better see how well I do with the Maple Leaf kit first!  I'll post pics as soon as I've started.  Happy Monday everyone :)


2 comments:

dollhouse miniature said...

It can be difficult to remember when looking at these photographs that you are actually seeing a miniature.

dollhouse miniature said...

It can be difficult to remember when looking at these photographs that you actually are seeing a miniature.