Tuesday, September 15, 2009

For all the bookworms out there!

This post has nothing to do with minis, but for those of you that love to read like I do I would like to recommend the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. If you already know about the series then you're probably just as excited as I am that the 7th book comes out 09/22! I think Diana planned this release for my birthday (just kidding)! I adore series because I tend to fall in love with the characters in the books that I read and I always find myself wondering what happened to them next or how their lives turned out. This is one of the many reasons that Gabaldon appeals to me. You get to know the characters Claire and Jamie and you just don't want to stop reading about them. Diana has even taken one of the stronger secondary characters John and began writing about his personal journey outside of the original series. I think the Outlander series really has a little bit of everything. There is romance, historical fiction, legend and folklore, danger and adventure, and even time travel! But anyway, that's my reading recommendation for everyone. If you'd like further information these are two great websites: http://www.dianagabaldon.com/ http://www.lallybroch.com/index.html

No comments: