Thursday, April 9, 2015

Country Cottage Update


I decided to pull the Country Cottage kit out again and do some more work on the bathroom addition.  If you remember from earlier posts I expanded the kit so I could add a bathroom.  I added walls out to the edge of the porch, but the bathroom was still so tiny.  So I made my own sort of base that was as tall as the porch and then added walls and siding.  It has been sitting and gathering dust for months while I was in school so I decided to finally paint it to match the rest of the house.

Next I'll probably try staining the porch and finished painting all of the trim white.


The modern bathroom that I bought fits perfectly and I wanted to see what how my bathroom accessories looked as well.  I haven't glued anything down yet so I just used glue dots to place the towel bars, toilet paper holder, and soap dish (which you can barely see on the tile over the tub).  I don't have a finished medicine cabinet yet so I propped up a mirror on the tile for the picture.  In the above scene maybe the cottage's future inhabitant is just moving in and is stocking up supplies.  She has no shower curtain or towels yet!  I think the coupon minis look so cute though!!!  I also love the tiny toothbrush in the plastic tumbler on the sink.  I will have to look for some bathroom rugs though - there is just so much white!  Or maybe once I have a shower curtain it will help as well.  Now I just have to figure out how to make one...


I also decided to repaint the bottom walls in the living area.  I liked the blue, but it didn't match the blue in the wallpaper as much I would have liked it to.  So I took a piece of the wallpaper to Michael's and matched it up with Martha Stewart's Cloud satin paint.  I like the new blue tone much better and I can't wait to find a pretty patterned piece of wood to make a chair rail out of.  And of course I'll also need to add a border around the bottom.

Next I'll probably start working on my kitchen cabinets again.  I'd like to get them hung so I can see just how much space I really have to start decorating with :)

2 comments:

Emily Adams said...

Wow wow wow!! This is so cool. I don't have any ideas on how to make the shower curtain, but I hope you share it when you do!

beyondbaffled said...

Thanks Emily I will!