The old window / menu board project is on hold for now. Basically what I've done so far is don a painter's mask and scrape away at the glazing compound with a putty knife. I'd say that so far I've removed half if not 2/3rd's of the compound. The rest of of it is completely and totally stuck even after almost 60 years. From what I've read online the solution is to use a heat gun to help loosen the remaining compound. So now I just need to find someone who has a heat gun that I can borrow.
I've also been wanting to try some aging techniques on wood. I want the board and batten siding on my saloon to look like it's been sitting out in the elements - sun, wind, sand, etc. - for many years. So I thought I would try first on a couple of $2 tables that I found at Ben Franklin's.